We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or becoming a member, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Regarding the website and the club’s associated membership and marketing activities, Get Golfing CIO manages personal data in a way that is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us and we will never release your personal details to any third party without your express consent.
When you apply for membership or hire our venue, certain personal information is collected from you (for example: your name, postal address, email address, gender, golf handicap or record, member status i.e. member or non-member). All such information is held securely by Get Golfing CIO which endeavours to comply with all applicable data protection and consumer regulations and will treat all your personal information as confidential.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document and will notify you accordingly.
Depending on your relationship with us, we may collect information such as:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Handicap ability
- Membership category
- Date joined
- Category of membership
- Transaction details
What we do with the information we gather (members)
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services.
- To administer your membership and for internal record keeping.
- Sending subscription notices to you.
- Recording financial transactions about your membership.
- Maintaining a record of any competitions you play in, a record of your handicap under the World Handicap System.
- Generally, we will keep your personal information on our club membership database for the duration of your membership but we may need to keep it longer in compliance with other regulations or laws.
- Your personal information is held on secure servers. Get Golfing CIO complies with all applicable data protection regulations.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers, competitions, results or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided or a postal address if no email address is held.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for member research purposes. We may contact you by email.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We use your personal data for the following services:
- Communicating details about future events and offers from the club
- Communicating the club newsletters
- Facilitating member-to-member contact via the members’ directory. This information is not shared with third parties unless specifically stated. You can unsubscribe from non-essential communication (weekly news) at any time via an email to: [email protected]
What we do with the information we gather (non-members):
- We will only gather the required information to deal with your enquiry. In the event that an enquiry leads to a business transaction we will retain the relevant data while you have a contract with us. We will also retain the data for a time period to meet legal requirements, such as for company accounting purposes (6 years), under UK Government accounting regulations. There may be other such legal requirements — for example, taxation reasons. The time period for such retention will be based on current legislation and regulatory requirements.
We contact our members as an essential part of running an efficient, welcoming and friendly golf club. We respond to enquiries by non-members and utilise various social media platforms to enhance our member, guest and visitor experience. We do not communicate or solicit non-members directly and only respond to enquiries. We do this in various ways, including email, post, SMS, phone and social media but only if you would like to receive our communications. Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you’re always in control of what we do with your personal information.
This is our simple member, guest and visitor contact promise
We will never pass your personal details to any third party other than providers of software essential for the management of Get Golfing CIO.
We will only use your details to help personalise communications. We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us. You can opt out at any time. All you need to do is email [email protected] and notify us of your contact preferences and we will stop contacting you for anything other than essential purposes. Please do let us know if your details change so that we can keep our records up-to-date and continue to stay in touch.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Personal data security and confidentiality
We maintain adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access and correction rights
You can request access to and can update and amend your personal information. You can exercise any other rights you enjoy under applicable data protection laws, including, for example, objection to and blocking of the processing of your personal information, by contacting us. For security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to your personal information. You will not be charged for this request.
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for membership (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. More information on our retention policy can be gained from the club’s General Manager.
Returns, refund and cancellation policy
We do not operate a refund policy for unused tee times. Should you need to cancel or amend a booking for any reason please contact the club first by telephone or e-mail a minimum of 48 hours notice is required.
Please be aware that we are a 4-ball course and any bookings with less than 4 players may be paired with other bookings, this will not be possible to change on arrival and no refunds will be given due to our pairing policy. Expected pace of play for your round will be under 4.5hrs for 18 holes, no refunds or extra charges will be made should your round take more or less time to play.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please inform us using the contact facility on the club’s website or by sending a request to the General Manager.
Get Golfing CIO is considered as a data controller and the General Manager at each site, oversees all data storage, use and compliance. If you need to contact Get Golfing CIO for any matters related to data protection you can do so by sending an email to [email protected].
Further information about data protection can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office at the ICO website www.ico.org.uk